Tracking tools we use.
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites when you use this websites or apps. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors may also use these tools. In this policy ‘we’ and ‘us’ refers to both Callaway and our vendors. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies
We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
- To track visitors to our websites.
- To recognize past visitors and customers.
- To store your password if you are registered on our site.
- To integrate with third party social media websites.
- To store your password if you are registered on our website.
- To serve you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested (see below for more information).
- To combine information we have collected about you from multiple sources.
- So we can better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors, and their respective interests.
We engage in interest-based advertising.
We and our partners display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms. This might include apps. Interest-based advertising or ‘online behavioral advertising’ includes ads served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on third-party websites or on apps. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products. Where legally required we get consent to engage in interest-based advertising.
How do we gather information about you for interest-based advertising?
To decide what is relevant to you, we use information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. We gather this information using the tracking tools described above. For example, we or our partners might look at your purchases or browsing behaviors. We or our partners might also look at your location. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You can control certain tracking tools.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To find out more about how to enable, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser, please visit here. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have ‘do not track’ features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
We use specific tracking technologies.
- AppNexus: AppNexus is a display advertising exchange that we use to manage and optimize our display advertising activity. Tags help us to facilitate the buying and selling of media advertising inventory through this online exchange. For more information about how to opt-out of AppNexus cookies, you can go here .
- BazaarVoice : We use BazaarVoice to track product purchases as well as non-transactional events across our sites.
- Bing Ads : Bing Ads allows us to have our advertisements appear at the top of the results page for certain search engines. This helps us direct users to our website.
- Cquotient : We use Cquotient to personalize user experiences.
- DoubleClick : DoubleClick allows us to capture and report on the actions of users who visit our website after viewing or clicking on one of our paid search ads. This allows us to determine the effectiveness of our online campaigns in terms of both sales and user activity on our sites.
- Dynamic Yield : This is used to personalize your experience onsite.
- Facebook Connect : We use this technology to allow users to share their experiences with our apps and websites on Facebook. For example, we may collect your browser information, demographic data, and interaction data.
- Facebook Custom Audience and Facebook Pixel : We use Facebook Custom Audience and Pixel to deliver ads on Facebook to a certain group of users.
- Facebook Impressions : We use Facebook Impressions to track the number of people that interact with our content on Facebook.
- Gigya Socialize : Gigya permits users to log in using multiple social media websites, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Gigya may access your profile data as part of sign-on if you elect to sign in using one of these social media accounts.
- Google AdWords Conversion: We use conversion tracking to help us understand how effective our digital campaigns are.
- Google Analytics : We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. For example, we collect details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to our website.
- LiveRamp : We use LiveRamp to link and combine information relating to individuals from multiple sources.
- Media Math : MediaMath is a tool that we use to optimize the effectiveness of our advertising.
- SteelHouse Media : We use SteelHouse to build, manage and optimize our display advertising activities.
- Turn : Turn is a display advertising exchange that we use to manage and optimize our display advertising activity.